Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Denim Apron

A long time ago, when Sophie was only eight months old, I made aprons out of old denim jeans that we had lying around. Obviously she wasn't going to use them then, but I figured she'd grown into them eventually. Here we are, seven years later, and the denim aprons are getting their use at last. I thought I was organised with the Easter Dresses this year, but the aprons got a much larger head start.


Anyway, my sister Sarah was around one day and noticed the aprons hanging up on the hook outside and told me immediately that she would like one. Was that in invitation to use up more stashed denim and sew? One can only say yes.


So I did. I had a pair of jeans and a pair of shorts ready to go. If you are interested in making a denim apron, I realize my first post has less than ample instructions, and this one probably won't either, but feel free to leave a comment if you want to know more. Maybe I can be pursued to divulge more information for the people of the internet.


Denim aprons are super satisfying, completely functional and ethicially fabulous. Everyone should have one. 

No comments: