Friday, February 21, 2020

It is Finished!

Our water tank is in! Project complete. You can re-read or catch up on Part One here, or Part Two here. Check out this finished side project. So good right!


Steve has been amazing with organizing this whole thing. So much planning and thinking involved, especially with the plumbing side of things. But there he is confidently rerouting our down pipes into the tank and back out again.


What a champion husband I have. And  you will be pleased to know that the rain did end up filling the tank all the way up. Hooray!


I'm also really excited for the new things to grow. I got to plant some things in pots as well as the garden bed there too. It looks like there should be enough space for some more things in pots too, but no rush. On advice from a gardening friend, we planted some more flowers to keep the garden bed dirt alive and happy while we wait for summer to cool off and we can plant real things again. Some of the things from our initial planting have survived, but the carrot and cucumber plants did not like the heat.


The break has also meant I've been able to keep an eye on the garden bed a bit more too, and have noticed one end gets significantly less sun than I originally thought. So much so that I'm not sure anything but lettuce will grow there, but we will see. I can always prune the tree back some more I guess.

On the other side, in the garden bed we moved from the back to the front pre-renovation, the tomato plants that came out of the compost have really taken off, and we have so much fruit. It looks so messy in there now, because I didn't really bother to trellis the plants, but the tomatoes still taste good.



Back to the water tank, now I have to paint all of the new pipes we have to match the house again. The work is never really done.

No comments: