Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Self Sufficiency

It's a new era of bento making: this morning, Sophie and Rachel both made their onigiri themselves! They had seen a video on how to make the panda shapes using the mold that we have, and asked if they could do it. I was dubious about how it would go, but it was actually really successful.


I set up the bowl of rice for them to use on the bench and distracted myself making the eggs so as not to hover too much. That sausage in egg is quite complicated to do, fyi. They took turns (eating breakfast while they were not making lunch) which went smoothly too.


Everything in the lunch box is sitting on a bed of cooked carrots. I didn't know any other way to get everything to fit nicely. The girls were super excited and proud of their onigiri making efforts. I don't know if it will become a regular occurrence, because it probably did slow down the lunch making process slightly, but I'm ok if it's a weekly thing. It was successful after all.


No comments: