Thursday, February 26, 2015

Picnic Bento

So I kind of feel bad that I'm posting yet another small and insignificant post about food, but given that it was Rachel's first ever bento, I feel it's also a little bit legitimate. We went to the park on Wednesday and these are the lunch boxes I packed for my girls to devour.

I made them the night before, and forgot to take my camera, so the photos are a little blury. Not only are they taken on my phone, they were also taken while Sophie was trying desperately to get at the food. And I was wearing my sunnies, so I couldn't really see that well. Anyway. The food.

Rachel's lunch. Cucumber slices, watermelon, rice cubes with seaweed stars and sausage. She does well to gum at all of this solid food with her two small teeth in the front to help out.


Sophie's lunch. Cucumber slices, rice cubes with seaweed stars (which I thought she would love, but instead rather fastidiously took each one off telling me it was "yucky". I guess she was teaching me for ruining the purity of plain rice or something.), mini sausages. Fruit salad, with orange, watermelon and yellow watermelon. 


Because I was in a bit of a rush when I made them the night before, I didn't get to put cute forks in, but that didn't matter. They ate them none the less.


And I was really glad that I'd taken it all to the park, because we left all the mess on the ground there for the ants and the birds, and I didn't have to clean up one bit of stray rice.

No comments: