Thursday, February 12, 2015

Cardboard House Upgrade

A long time ago, I made some cardboard houses, which have been used in various places and functions. Some of them now live at the local church where we go to play group on a Tuesday. Some of them still live at home with us. One of them has been drawn on my many people, and with lots of colours.


Last week, when I was getting back to feeling fabulous, I looked at the one that was still under the house and decided it was time for an upgrade. So I pulled it into the house and got to work. I reinforced the roof, and painted some tiles. I wall papered the inside with some $2 wrapping paper from Target. (This, I feel, made the biggest difference to the house. Suddenly it was so cool, just because of that wrapping paper.)


I used my sisters old paints (from her high-school art days (man these paints are old...)) and did a quick coat of blue on the outside and did spend some money getting coloured gaff tape from Spotlight for the trims. This, by the way, is the internet-go-to of how to make your cardboard house look cool and last longer. I don't know what the internet people who have done this in the past are on, but that tape was super hard to get on looking good. I doubt I'll be doing tape again.


Anyway, now these amazing specimens of cardboard houses live in the house and are used daily by lots of small children. I know it's only cardboard and will one day die, but I love these houses. I almost can't wait for them to die so I can justify making another one. Or two.

1 comment:

MKT said...

Those are great pictures of the girls. And well done on the houses. =)