Sunday, June 01, 2014

Dress Up Skirt

I was at Spotlight last week getting some ribbon on sale and I rifled through the remnant bin for fun and found some shiny fabric. I've been meaning to make Sophie a circle skirt (or one like this (which involves much less cutting/measuring/accuracy)) for a while, and since the material was cheap, I thought, why not? Good practice.


Some little girl out there probably has a mum working hard at making a full Elsa costume but as I got the remnant, and my little girl really doesn't care about dress ups yet (or Frozen), so I made a skirt. I had to do a little creative sewing and cutting to get it, but I did. When I originally put it on her, she was rather unimpressed, and I noticed that because of the squareness, some parts were too long and she was tripping a little. So I did a few tucks and gathers and now it's very wearable.


And while my little girl was unimpressed with  having to wear a shiny skirt for no apparent reason and very unhelpful with taking photos in said skirt, she was very helpful with the washing this morning. So I can't complain.

No comments: