Friday, November 08, 2013

Block of the Month Quilt Top

Well internet, you have waited a long time for this. Today, I finally managed to put the finished top of the Block of the Month Quilt onto the backing and wadding. It looks nearly finished to the casual viewer, though when I look at it, although I feel a good sense of satisfaction, I have a little sigh inside because I know that doing the actual quilting and finishing the binding is still a huge task right ahead of me.


Because this quilt is so big now (nearly 1.5m by 2m) it is considerably hard to photograph well. Sorry kids. Anyway, I don't usually do this, but what do you think? I know it is so different to how it began but I like it. :)

2 comments:

Ruth said...

That turned out really well!! I'd be happy with that!! :) Well done! Have fun quilting :P

MKT said...

You already know what I think of most of it (awesomeness! =D), but I love what you ended up choosing for all the borders and the backgrounds. I really like that it's a mix of blues and pinks too. And the new patches you did to replace the ones you didn't like so much are fantastic!

Also, yay for symmetry! =D (Great layout!)