Thursday, May 30, 2013

Well I was planning on going for a walk today, but then it rained. Who knows, it's clearer now so I still might go, but while I've been trapped inside, here's what I've done:


Yep, made a quilt. I didn't use any particular pattern because I was going for a "scrappy" look, so I didn't get to practice any of my new found quilting skills. I did get to cut the pieces out with my rotary blade and used a ruler to measure them though, so I suppose that's something. I sewed all of the bits into strips and then the strips together. Then I just sewed the entire thing onto an old blanket we had lying around (possibly from Steve's childhood.... hope he won't be sentimental when he finds out...).


There is something very satisfying when you look at where it all came from and know that those hours at the sewing machine were worth something after all.

No comments: