Thursday, December 06, 2007

Thursday 06-12-07

The rest of Sunday we had a team meeting and hung out for a while playing take two. I smelt so badly of hamburgers (because I was helping Cecilia find songs for the identity party and ended up swapping with Andy and helping Shiho with dinner) that I left pretty early for a shower.

Monday, back on campus. More freeish time in the morning before people come out of classes and then lunch with the usuals – Ayumi and Shizue came as well as Yurie – pretty cool. More Christian talk and gospel smack down. It was raining on Monday too, so we took the bus from a stop about 10 mins walk away and then walked from the convenience store to uni.

Coming home, Andy, Shiho and I went via the “Home Center” to get Andy an extension chord so he could shave and caught the bus by ourselves. Turns out that even though we told Cecilia and George we were going they didn't know, and so Wai Ling and co were all stuck at uni with no way to get home.

We were like … umm take the bus…. They made it home ok, but were a bit annoyed that we had left them (despite that we told them we were going) *sigh* miscommunication. :P oh well. Dinner that night was marinated chicken by Wai Ling and scrambled Eggs made with whatever is left in the fridge by George. Pretty tasty.

Monday night was also team night, so we watched another movie – Gladiator – under the condition that I wouldn’t talk the whole time. I didn’t. It was tough but I didn’t. I think because no one was talking and making jokes the whole movie was a lot more serious and time consuming than it needed to be, but oh well. Good movie though.

Tuesday we had prayer at Kamiyashiro Church again, I played piano with Taka on guitar and Ma-chan singing. It was fun. We also had a warning that there is a no musical instruments clause in our apartment building, so we’ve had to stop playing guitar. :P As a result we walked to the park for our prayer time on Tuesday and sat in the freezing Nagoya wind singing to God. It was pretty nice time.

I also told Esther that she was going to have to practice a KGP with me, either today or tomorrow, but that she would do it, so yeah – laid it on a bit hard for her, but I think she needed it.

The rest of Tuesday was slow. The boys went to an Aikido demonstration at Aichiu (I wanted to go and only found out later that I could have gone!) and I left at about 7:45 to go meet up with Yukina and Ibuki at 8:30. Cecilia, Wai Ling and Pamela were all meeting up with Chisato.

Yukina, Ibuki and I went to a funky café place called “FuZi” – Fun Food and Zippy Drink. There we ordered a heap of different things and shared. The first thing that Yukina asked me was “So what do you do at Christmas time?” yay for instant Jesus conversation. We talked about a lot of stuff and I shared my testimony with her. Later on I was reaching for my bible, and Ibuki whips out a KGP and says “have you ever seen one of these before?” and starts sharing her faith then and there. Go for Gold Ibuki!! It was the most fantastic thing to see Ibuki running through a KGP with her friend. Yukina didn’t pray to receive Christ there, but I’m going to challenge her to do a Christianity Explained today ☺ weee!!

When I got home – at 11:30 at night – C and Wai Ling were hanging out in Wai Ling’s room. Chisato did pray to receive Christ which was exciting, but now we need to challenge her to follow through on that decision. Hooray for a new sister!

Yesterday we were at uni again – Esther did meet up with me in the morning and run through a KGP. She was really nervous and kept trying to over do things, but I was like “just stick with what you know”. She managed to get through it – she said that she can never see herself using a booklet, but did realise that it is a good start to know the 4 points of the gospel. I think she just needs practice now. I shared with her 2 Timothy 1:7 “For you have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind!”. I really encouraged her to know this verse as her own, because people can encourage her, but unless she know for herself that this is true nothing will happen.

Lunch time Ibuki came to visit with Masato – George and Andy had left their phone in the car the night before :P. and we all hung around for the ususal lunch. Two new guys – Yuki and Takayuki were there and we got talking about Christmas and Jody ended up sharing a KGP with them. Afterwards, Momo went through a CE and Jody and Kaji had their DT.

I hung out with Kahori for a while, she shared that last Friday her devotional was on “Grace like rain” and how she feels like God is just pouring out his Grace on us like rain. ☺ yay!

I almost fell asleep after that, and then the girls came by. Shiho, Cecilia and Esther all wanted to go to Karaoke, and I said no for a change. I have an ear infection and my throat kills. My voice has been working overtime lately, so I don’t want to make it worse. :P The girls ended up going and I went to check on the frizbee guys.

Only 3 guys turned up, and so with George and Andy – that made 5. It was a freezing day so I don’t blame the rest of the team. With them all going out to dinner though and no girls for me to chill with, I went back and met up with Wai Ling and cycled back home. We went past max value and got food for “hand rolled sushi” but then realised the other girls had the keys for the rooms with the cooking stuff in them! So we just lay around in Wai Ling’s room until the other girls got home and then had a late dinner.

I called Steve last night, I miss him heaps at the moment.

No comments: