Monday, August 10, 2026

Make Up Pouch


This project was a very quick one that was not on any to do list ever. I just decided I needed a smaller pouch for my go-to work make up (rather than the larger box that I had for all make up stuffs). I ended up with some extra home time at the end of the holidays, so I grabbed out some fabrics and went for it. 


I used this tutorial from YouTube, which did come with a printable PDF pattern, that I couldn't be bothered to print out. I just guesstimated my own version which turned out fine, if a little less box-y than the original. 

I used a cotton drill piece I had picked up in Japan, and an off cut of kimono lining fabric for the inside. I was pretty happy to use that actually, because the mon (family crest symbol) on the fabric is able to be a little surprise when you open the pouch. It is also similar to the circular flower design on the main fabric too; like it was ment to be!


I used a zip I'd salvaged from a old backpack ages ago, just replaced the pulls with fabric ones. I'm pretty chuffed with how this all came out, and the speedy-ness of the project. On reflection, my last two projects were enormous quilts which have literally taken years to pull together and days of consistent sewing (here and here), so almost anything in comparison would have felt faster. 

No comments: