Saturday, April 20, 2024

Travel Pillow

April held some pretty exciting travel plans for us, so as part of the fun, I made a travel pillow. 

I used a tutorial from this blog, which was a great starting point, though I found the end product a bit long/big when I tried it on. Then, I even when to the effort of pulling out all the stuffing and making it smaller before I finished it, which is the kind of thing I would have never thought I would do. 

I added a clip on the front, since I remember from our last big overseas travels that the one we borrowed had one and it was so useful. Not only did it mean that I could clip it on and sleep on it without it moving too much, but also made it so easy to just clip on to the strap on our bag. One less thing to carry when I'm juggling bags and kids at the airport. 

This travel pillow was made with a pillow case that matched the doona I used to make this dress back in 2018. I took the time to unpick the cute label and reuse it for authenticity. I figured since I was going to sleep on it, using pillow case material was the best thing. I can't say I ended up using it too much, and I would definitely revise the shape for next time, but this served the purpose on our overnight flight home last week, so it's a win.

No comments: