Friday, December 16, 2022

Pyjamas

I had been lamenting pyjamas in my wardrobe for a good year or so, before finally coming to the conclusion that if you want something done, you've got to do it yourself.  Thanks for teaching me that, Sebastian the crab. So to the stash I went to find some suitable fabric to make a (hopefully wearable) draft. 

A long time ago, I received some free fabric from a friend which I used to make cute things for kids. See here. It was once a doona cover and came with the matching pillow case. I had a small amount of this material left, so I figured I could use it as a draft of a pyjama top. I'm not above wearing PJs with trucks and diggers on them. 


I made these around the same time that I was working on the girls ladybug shorts. Found a free pattern for some PJs from So Sew Easy, and after a couple of pattern hacks (short sleeves!), I had a draft. 


The fit was ok, just a little boxy, and my short sleeves turned out a little long - nearly elbow length. Still, it was a wearable draft, so I was happy. 


So back to my fabric stash I went, and pulled out some of this stuff which I had gotten for a bargain at a de-stash market earlier in the year. I also had a quick look through my trims and found I had exactly the right amount of piping in this musky pink colour that matched perfectly. There is nothing like adding piping to a project to make it suddenly very swish. 






There is something a little off with the collar of this version - maybe the folded back bit goes down too low before it folds? I don't know, but I can wear them and they are comfy. The fabric is super light which is perfect for a Brisbane summer. 


My mum had buttons in the stash, and I just made a very basic pair of shorts (alas, not enough piping to warrant cuffs on the shorts) to match. These really do feel like fancy PJs and after the absolute rubbish I had been wearing, they are amazing. 


No comments: