Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Flowers for Their Hair

When Fiona asked me to make the flower girl dresses for her wedding, that wasn't the only thing I was asked to make. Fiona and Luke have a black cavoodle called Willow that they wanted to include on the  too, so the girls and Hugo had the big responsibility of walking down the aisle with her. To ensure she was looking her best, and also not running loose, Fiona asked me to make her a collar and leash to wear. 

Don't let this photo fool you; in her excitement, Willow was not that well behaved on the day. Thankfully the leash and collar did their job. 


I actually got to make them out of a sash that originally came with Fiona's wedding dress that she opted not to wear. I took it apart, copied a leash and collar that Willow already had for measurements and sewed them up. Then, to make things just a bit more special, and because I had leftover fabric, I also sewed this matching flower which I attached to the collar. 

Too cute right? 


After making Willow's collar, leash and flower, I still had leftover fabric, so I made the girls matching flowers for their hair. 

The girls and I got our hair done at the local hairdresser, which felt like it took ages, to be completely honest with you. And as soon as she was done, Sophie promptly tried to put her hoodie on, hood first; directly on top of her newly styled hair. It was one of those "kill me now" parenting moments. 

Luckily the hair and the flowers lasted until after the ceremony and all was well with the world. 

No comments: