Saturday, October 10, 2020

Camping 2020

I almost don't want to post about this. The spot we camped at was so perfect that I want no one else to go there, so that we can book it out whenever we like. Alas, I know that would be selfish of me, and so I am sharing this with the world. We went camping, and it was perfect. 

This is probabaly the hightlight of our September holidays actually. We did two nights away with Sophie's friend and his parents, who I took the girls camping with last year. This time, Steve came too! 

We went to a property in Fernvale, so we had the whole place to ourselves. It was so perfect, becuase we were right on the river. It was cool and shady, even in the middle of the day. Our friends brought their cannoe and the water was just warm enough for a swim. 

There were fish in the river, so we tried our luck at hand line fishing, with no success. 

We played DnD with our friends, had campfires and generally lay around. 

Compared to the 14k hike we went on last year, this was so relaxing. To be perfectly honest, we didn't do much at all, and as I'm typing this, I feel like it's not even worth a post. Even getting there was only 40mins drive! We didn't even listen to a whole musical album in the car. But it was refreshing and fabulous, so I want to remember it and I'm posting this anyway. 

I'm surprisingly even more keen for camping again. It's so irrational, but we had a great time. The girls have scored themselves two extra days off school at the end of this term, and I'm wondering if they aren't ready for a solo adventure with me prehaps? 

No comments: