Saturday, January 18, 2020

Sophie Turns Seven

I am beginning to love the years where we say no birthday "party" and keep things really chilled. Yep, the girls still get a cake, and they still get to celebrate, but there is way less pressure on for everything else. I don't have to plan invites, themes, games or activities, party bags etc. They still have fun, and so do Steve and I.

Sophie had a "non party" this year. Now that I think about it though, the last two birthdays for her have also been "non party" events, so maybe I need to up my game. Next year we are planning on being away though, so maybe 2022 is the year for a birthday party again? We will see. Anyway, I digress. Our girl requested a Pikachu cake and we had family round to the local park (because our lawn was still recovering from the top soiling) for a play.


Perfect.


She is seven now. Still loves Pokémon, reading and most recently, building Lego.


After the day, she told me she didn't really feel like being seven. I think it's because it's starting to sound very grown up to her. Maybe we've watched Peter Pan too much, but I think she wants to avoid that pesky growing up business. Stay bright little girl. Growing up isn't so bad. 

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Don’t be too hard on yourself Paula, just family is quite OK maybe the more significant birthdays eg 10th etc. You do a great job already don’t exhaust yourself my Luv.