Friday, January 05, 2018

Travel

I know I have to post about it, but it is taking me a long time to get to it, because I don't know where to start.

Yes, we travelled at the end of last year. Steve was away for six weeks and then the girls and I joined him for three weeks of family holiday. Three weeks of travelling over two continents; four countries (six, if you include stop overs).

Yes, the opportunity was amazing, the plans were fabulous and the experience was great. But also, yes, it was hard. We were travelling with two small children. Everything with children is harder, and travelling is no exception. Yes, it was exhausting.

People ask me how it was, and I don't know what to say. There is a balance between the two sides of the holiday that I am yet to find. I feel like to only talk about the wonderful fun times is a discredit to the struggle. And on the flip side, to only speak of the hardness is to ignore the amazing memories we made.

So that's where I am.

Suffice to say, I think we made the most of the time and energy we had. We did have a great time. We had a hard time, but a great time.

I'll be back to talk about it, soon I hope. For now, hang out at the Brisbane Airport Departures Gate with the girls: excited to be about to go on a new adventure.

No comments: