Thursday, April 03, 2014

Hat Breakthrough

In the last two months, we have finally had a hat breakthrough where Sophie will actually tolerate a hat on her head for longer than six seconds. Hooray! To celebrate this momentous event, I decided she could use a super cute bonnet to wear in the evenings when we are outside or getting Steve from the bus stop. I was originally going to put a brim on it, for shade potential, but given that I'll be using it in the evenings when sun is not so much of an issue and I didn't really think of it when I cut the material out, meh. Maybe next time.


I did use this bonnet tutorial at sewmamasew for my basis, and then did a few changes from there. I am really happy with how it turned out, and Harriett the Husqvana even got to do some fancy stitching to finish it off. The whole thing is reversible. Sophie likes to try to lick the bow that sits under her chin. I don't know why.

1 comment:

MKT said...

Yay, you finished it! Looks fantastic. =)