Friday, July 19, 2013

Little Things



This is what I've been working on. I say working on, what I mean is, what I've done in the last two days. It's not all I've done, but it's the prettiest and most photoable. :) The skirt is a place mat that cost $1 from Ikea. We are pretty big spenders around here. It's the first time I've ever done chain stitch, and I think it turned out rather well. Whole skirt only took about 15 to 20 mins. Hooray!


The fox on the overalls is felt. I think he needs a smile, but he's a bit cute and jazzes up the overalls quite nicely.


I also finished another quilt for Cafe Church, out of the donated fabrics (mostly arm-chair fabric which was yucky to sew with. :P). I just pieced the top and then sewed it to a blanket that was donated as well. I was going to practice quilting on it, but then thought, nah. I still have two blankets to go, so there is plenty of time for that. Besides, given that it's thick yucky arm-chair fabric, it would be crazy times to try to sew over again now that there is a thick woolen blanket on the back as well. 

No comments: