Tuesday, June 25, 2013


Count down for Christian Life Week is on; less than a week to go. I'm pretty pumped, but also strangely nervous. Maybe that's not the right word.... humm. I'm realizing more and more that I'm not good with kids and I often look down on the faith of the young (thanks God for teaching me that right before I go on a camp with 60 kids... is this what you call perfect timing?).

Will everything be ok? Will Sophie need more attention than usual? Will she continue sleeping through the night or will she wake up and disturb the girls in the dorm? Will I have time for the kids, or will I put tasks first? Will I be warm enough?

So many wonderful questions running around my head. What a great chance to trust in God and learn from this time. I feel that the world tells me I'm all grown up now (house, car, husband (yay!), baby, job, etc) and God just wants to remind me that I've still got a long long long way to go. I'm still just a toddler to Him.

So here's to learning more about God and myself on the week to come. Yay!

On another completely different but somewhat related note, here is a front-wards picture of the "CREW" dress I made for Sophie out of the LYQ (Lutheran Youth of Queensland) shirt. Sophie is ready to be apart of the team! First time ever for me sewing T-shirt material. It's a little different, but basically the same.

No comments: