Monday, February 11, 2013

I've finished the second kimono wrap for Sophie. :D I think it is most excellent. It's much more refined than the first one. I actually bothered to change the thread color this time to match for example. I didn't bother with the French Seams (although I have nothing against them in particular) because I used Olivia the Overlocker on all the seams. Olivia is 21 this year.


I had to do a substantial amount of creative cutting to get the material out of the scraps that I had, but also managed to hide all the joining seams in hidden places, so from the front, it looks as if it's practically perfect (kind of like Mary Poppins!). I also cut strips of the fabric and used that to do the edges, rather than use bias binding. I think it looks rather stunning. Excited for winter when Sophie can wear it.

Until then - let's put her in a bowl!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Very nice Paula!!! Well done!! :)

MKT said...

Bahaha! Such a random and unexpected ending to that! xD

(You're weighing her there by the looks of things?)

Ostinato Seaker said...

Hehe, yep. Mum just got new kitchen scales that weigh up to 15kg (though why you'd need kitchen scales to weigh that much is beyond me). Usually I go to the chemist and use their baby scales, but this was easier and more fun. :D