Sunday, December 18, 2005

when i woke up this morning at 5:15 and thought "i have to walk to work!" i was wrong, and i got to sleep for another hour!! wonderful! then i got up and ready and walked to work. in the hot sun. but i got to work 20 mins early! what a belssing, cos the close was pretty crap.

sadly however, when it got to 9:15 and half of the things i was supposed to have done were still not done cos i was serving, things started to look alot worse. and then when it got to 9:40 and no one had turned up to help me, they went down hill very fast. not only was i so busy serving i couldnt finish the open (ie pack dounts into boxes, put price tags up) i was so busy serving i couldnt call whoever was supposed to come in and get them to come in, or even call other ppl in earlier. i called upstairs, but they had a broken froz coke machine that had flooded their shop.

finally, when a lovley lady tried to talk to me at coffee, i lost it and started crying. right there in fount of the coffee machine. i have never been so exausted in my life and the only thing i could do was keep workign and cry. and any time some one asks me abotu it, or if im ok, i just cry again. (subliminal message here: dont ask me about it, i have no wish to cry any more). even now, as i sit here and type this im crying.

All i can say is that God provides everythign you need, and though my weekness he made me strong. God gave me what i could handle and nothign more. when i really couldnt take it, He provided a set of nice customers who asked what they could do (eg put donuts away) and one who was even nice enough to ring shaun for me and ask him for help. God also made sure nothing broke while i was franticly working away, He made sure i hadnt forgottne to turn anything on that morning, and He froze my ipod on the way to work so that when i turned it back on i woudl put the worship play list on. (incidently, He also provides a fairly good boss, who know the right thing to say to the people who didnt come in to make sure they did come in, for instance, "if you want a job on monday, you need to come in now" which worked wonders compared with my "you need to come in cos you ahve a responsibility and im stressed!" which failied quite misrably. (thanks God, for shauney, who is also giving me an extra hours pay for the stress i was under :)))

now, its time for me to go to sleep and try to recover a little bit before tomorrow at work. but as i sit here, dry eyed (finally!) id just like to say (in a great subliminal message :P) that im exausted, but mostly, im worried about my best friend. she hasnt talked to me for a very long time. and it feels like, she doesnt want to. sure shes an introvert, but i hope she realises that soon, introvert or not, not talking to people is going to hurt thoes who are waiting. God didnt put us in this world alone, but together.

Thankfully God uses imprefect people, otherwise nothing would get done. and today, though my stressful, tearfull and all round exausting experince at work, i know that He is the one who is strengthening me, ready for His use in the furture.

1 comment:

Miat said...

What on earth gave you that idea? I slept over at your place on Sunday, talked to you at work on Monday, gave you a lift and then went to a party with you on Saturday! Sure I didn't say much to you personally Saturday night but that doesn't mean I've stopped talking to you altogether!

Really, Paula, you gave the excuse of being introverted on Sunday and if that's the case when you go quiet - which is a much bigger deal than me going quiet - why is it hugely and worsely different when I go quiet?

The interesting thing is that I don't think you were hugely worried at all until after a certain person shared his worries with you which - strange as it may seem - really had relatively little to do with you at all... =P

So I guess I'll see you tomorrow morning. Around 10 or 11, depending how late I stay up tonight and how little I manage to sleep in tomorrow. =P

By the way, you do realise, don't you, that you directly saying something and specifically pointing out that you are saying it, makes it not a subliminal message at all?