Sunday, September 15, 2013

 This week, I tried to allow myself to not do much, but rather, give myself a break and just focus on finishing one thing. I find I often have a to-do list of immense proportions, not full of things that must be done, but full of things that I dream of doing. This is very daunting when you feel like even if you got around to doing these dream things, they'd be rubbish anyway.


So I took a break and decided I'd just finish one thing. This one thing was the crocheted rug I've been working on most of winter (usually at Frisbee games while "watching" Steve play). I only had about a third to go, so I allowed my self to put on some DVD's, sit next to Sophie and just crochet. Sophie certainly enjoyed playing with the wool as I worked. 


Rug is now complete. :) I've told Steve that if I ever pick up the crochet hook again and say the words "I think I'll just make..." then he is to stop me, with force if necessary. I can't crochet well, I don't know how I made the mistakes I made and I've even less of an idea about how I managed to fix them. Let's leave the dream of crocheting where it is: in dream land.

On the plus side, my right arm is so buff from all the crocheting, and on the down side, I managed to pinch a nerve or something in my shoulder because I was crocheting so much.  Such is life. 

1 comment:

Ruth said...

That's quite an achievement Paula! Well done! :)