Friday, August 02, 2024

Japanese Fabric Sewing

When we were in Japan in April, I not only got to buy some cool kimono related things, but also visit the famous Fabric Town in Nippori. My Mum has told me that on one of her shopping trips in this area she came away with 12 kilos of fabric, and while I was much more restrained, I did come away with some very nice pieces to make things with. 

This is the first thing I made, actually back in May. The fabric is a beautiful 100% cotton with such a delightful frog and lillypad print that I couldn't let it go. As soon as I got it I knew I would make another Cypress Dress with it. 


I had enough material for sleeves and pockets, but not enough buttons for everything in one colour, so I did blue and red alternating, rather than going to buy more. 


It's incredibly hard to photograph oneself in a dress, but I absolutely love this one. 
 

No comments: