Monday, May 20, 2024

Pre-Flight Sewing

Something that can make you feel pretty amazing is when you notice the new jeans your daughter has just put on in the last half hour that previously had a "cool stressed knee patch" look, now have a "obvious hole in the knee" look. Well, maybe not that realisation, but ten minutes later when you have finished the emergency knee patch right before you walk out the door to fly to Japan you sure do. 


Rachel's jeans have the quickest turn around of mending I've ever made in any clothes. Usually, whatever needs some TLC languishes on my sewing desk for a few months at least before I can bother to do anything with it. Even the smallest fix needing the least amount of my time and effort. 


These however, got done in the speediest way I've ever worked. I actually sacrificed a perfectly good rectangle of fabric to cut a square off for the patch. The little cat that would end up peaking out of the hole in the jeans was well worth it. 

No comments: